I never understood that post that went around saying that it was classist if you questioned people not drink in tea. Like wtf does that have to do with class? 100 tea bags costs $3 and our kettle was $10 from Kmart. I don’t understand what’s classy about that
British Kitchen Nightmares: “The risotto is overcooked and your restaurant needs new lighting.”
American Kitchen Nightmares: “YOUR STAFF DOES DRUGS ON THE CLOCK, YOUR FAMILY THINKS YOU’RE AN ASSHOLE AND THERE’S A LIVE RAT IN MY FOOD.”
So my university had a ‘stress-free resort’ station set up today to help students combat the stress of finals week.
There was a coloring table
complete with Lion King coloring books
There was a lego table
also, free massages.
This is the most wonderful thing that ever happened in four years of college.
Our school should do this
.@Stoya can’t give talks in high schools, because she makes porn films. If she could, here’s what she’d say about respecting other people’s boundaries during sex.
A person’s first condom, strap-on, or lacy thong doesn’t come with a pamphlet explaining active consent. Tampon companies don’t print statements on the back of their boxes encouraging teenagers to express their desires and ask for the desires of their sexual partners. Someone should do something about this. It would be extremely inappropriate for me to march into high schools and begin expounding upon communication, respecting other people’s limits, and taking responsibility for expressing your own. What I can do is expound upon some basic guidelines on the internet and hope the core concepts trickle down.
So, here they are:
1. Ask the people you will be having sex with what their preferences and limits are. This fosters active consent and encourages communication.
2. In order for a sexual partner to be able to give you what you want, you have to tell them what your desires are. A sexual partner can’t respect your limits if you don’t express them.
3. It is completely OK to retract your consent during a sex act. You can say that something is more intense than you thought it would be and you are no longer OK with it. If you do not speak up your partner(s) have no guaranteed way of knowing that you are unhappy or uncomfortable.
4. If a sexual partner says something hurts, uses a “safe word” or other signal to communicate that they want the sexual interaction to stop, or just looks unhappy, freaked out, or generally not OK, you need to stop what you’re doing and check in with them.
5. If your partner(s) are drunk or high, their ability to consent is questionable. If they’ve previously expressed distaste for anal sex and are slurring “Fuck my asshole” you should politely decline and bring the subject up later when they’re sober. This applies to any sexual act that you have not previously engaged in with this person.
6. As a general rule, don’t penetrate an orifice, pee, vomit, or bleed on someone, or slap them around without discussing the act first.
7. If your sexual partner(s) express a limit or ask for something to stop and you do not respect it, you are stepping onto a scale that ranges from “jerk” to “full-on rapist”. Personally, I don’t want to be on that scale at all, and I don’t want to engage in sexual activity with anyone who does hang out on that scale.
8. If one of your sexual partners steps on to the jerk-to-full-on rapist scale, call them out on it. You have the right to end the sexual activity you are engaged in and to decline sexual activity with them in the future. There you are. If any condom companies want to use those bits on their wrappers, hit me up.
Originally published in: New Statesman.
To read the entire article, CLICK below:
Follow Stoya on Tumblr: http://stoya.tumblr.com
Follow Stoya on Instagram: http://instagram.com/stoya
my sim boyfriend woohooed w/ me then moved into another bed immediately after then DIED now he haunts my house and every time i try and talk to him he turns into dust ALL BOYS ARE THE SAME
how do u explain what a twelvie is bc it’s so hard to describe without just saying twelvie
fandom: Australian advertising
title: budgeeeey budgAAMI
summary: Rhonda and Ketut meet the Budget Direct aliens
have you ever met someone on the internet that you liked so much that you sometimes sit there and think “oh man there are people who are lucky enough to see this person IN THE FLESH ON A REGULAR BASIS and I wonder if they realize how LUCKY they are”
Do you ever wonder if people think that about you?
We’re super excited to be able to give away April’s Loot Crate!
This box is filled with Dragon themed goodies - if you want to find out what is inside then take a look at our review, but if you’d like it to remain a mystery until you get your box then just go straight ahead and enter! The box we’re giving away is brand new and sealed - not the exact one we reviewed - so the items may vary slightly (you might get a different version/colour of a certain item).
- Follow our blog, Geeky Merch.
- Each reblog of this post counts as an entry. Reblog as many times as you like, but try not to spam your followers too much.
- No giveaway-only blogs. People who use these tend to spam-reblog, and that’s unfair to everyone else. We will be checking!
- We will ship anywhere.
- One winner will be randomly chosen and notified on 23rd May 2014!
Good luck with the giveaway, and remember to check out Loot Crate! May’s theme hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s rumoured to be a multi-fandom crate containing items from 3 of the most requested fandoms!
If you’d like to sign up so you don’t miss any future crates, head on over to the Loot Crate website and sign up! You can also use the coupon code: geekymerch to get 10% off your crate!
If you would like to contribute to our next giveaway, click here!